a boise remodel - for realz

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 29: In celebration of the first decent rain I've seen since moving to Boise I rented a floor sander and took care of some business. Here's the second bedroom before I let loose the Dominator on it.



And here it is after about five minutes of punishment. I alleviated a lot of anxiety by seeing how straight forward this sanding business is going to be.

I also dominated the crappy kitchen floor with the sander...it didn't get rid of all of the junk on the floor, but it did smooth it all out (only after the vacuum on the sander went out and threw nasty dust everywhere for 20 minutes...Cletus at the rental place thought I needed to empty the bag...turns out the frickin' belt was broken - way to go Cletus).

So then I decided to finish it properly and not skip bits so I went to Lowe's and got some flooring (total cost: $86 and that included two tubes of construction adhesive - just in case) and spent most of the evening puttin' it down. The kitchen is now officially the cleanest room in the house, which isn't really saying much.

6 Comments:

Blogger mikedhoward said...

Just to let ya'll know, the dust from sanding the kitchen floor has rendered my nose a Soviet-sized bogey plant. I didn't think to put on the dusk mask until I'd already let loose an eight-pounder.

2:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic, and a bogey mine thrown in for free. You are awsome!

6:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Extreme Makeover came by. Super, Kazxxx do leave some stuff for me to do on the 7th!

10:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo

11:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo

11:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the perfact spot at the end of the counter for the butcher block...u can make great PB sarnies on it . Kaz

6:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home